How do you go about nabbing that perfect title for your books?
Ha! Titles usually come to me after a few chapters into the story. For Breaking the Rules I went through the whole writing process and querying with a different name. Are you ready? It used to be called Frequent Flyer, thanks to Hope who is a complete klutz. Colin called her a “frequent flyer” because she’s always in the doctor’s office. But, that didn’t sound very romantic, right? I think Breaking the Rules is the perfect match for the story I weaved.
· Pantser or Plotter? I’ll have you know how proud I am that I just used these terms. Since I’ve just recently learned what they meant. Go me. Always keepin’ up with the author slang.
More of a pantser, for sure! I’ve tried to be a planner, but my ideas tend to stray away from the plan. It drives me crazy!
· What do you like to write in? (i.e PJ’s and stompeez, a prom dress or perhaps a bathtub?)
I tend to write more in the mornings, in my PJ’s. Since I’m a romance writer, let’s imagine Victoria Secrets lingerie. ;)
· Have you ever been a character in one of your books?
Well, I have a secret. Hope, from Breaking the Rules, is very much like me! Shhh…
· Have you ever gone a little REDRUM after a few days shacked up in the ol’ writing hole?
When I received my first edits ever and spent days in my office, I could say I went REDRUM on my family. I feel a bit guilty now, but they still love me!
· Do you do research for your novel? Me... I could totally walk into the Bio Buzz pick up a bong and be like..It’s for research dude!
Lol Thank God for Pinterest! That’s my research hub. My most popular research board is my character inspiration. Although, I love to find handsome men, I can take it a bit far. Just this past week, I received a “Take Down” notice from Pinterest. They deleted one of my SWOON WORTHY pictures because of nudity. **blushing**
HJ: Pinterest is like my nemesis!! I cannot get it to work for me. Like ever. I’ll search organization and get 1265 of the same pin. LOL
· Do you laugh at yourself ever?
All the time. The worst is when I laugh and no one else does.
· How do you feel about being interviewed? Embarassed.
· How do you feel about global warming? Not going there.
· How do you feel about Antonio Sabato Jr.? Yes, please.
· What makes you laugh? Sarcasm Cry? Sarcasm
· Vacation or staycation?
I do staycations all the time. I’m ready for a REAL vacation. Where do I want to go? I dream of New York City! Next on my list is the Mediterranean.
HJ: I’m from NJ and spent most of my youbnger years in New York City. In fact, my debut novel Finding Jordie is set in NYC.
· Fancy Schmancy wedding or a Vegas wedding?
I already had a fancy schmancy wedding – I wouldn’t mind doing a Vegas renewal of vows. My wedding anniversary just passed … maybe next year.
· Favorite season? Mine’s football :P
Bachelor or Bachelorette season? Does that count?
HJ; It sure does!
· Did you enjoy this interview? Absolutely! Not boring at all! Thanks for having me!
Thanks again Melinda!! Check out the blurb for Breaking the Rules, Melinda's bio and her website.
A forbidden love affair in the past has led Hope Robinson, a middle school principal, to Harbor Bay, Florida, where she commits herself to play by the rules. This can be difficult for a perpetual klutz, who—even strapped in a cast—has to uphold a competent attitude at all times.
Luckily, she has Dr. Colin Calaway on her side, a widower and father of a student, who is ready to give love another try. When Colin convinces Hope they should explore the connection between them, a steamy romance develops, though it could destroy them both. They must decide if their jobs—and their hearts—are worth the risk.
Sensuality Level: Sensual
You can purchase Breaking the Rules on Amazon and most ebook retailers.
Melinda Dozier lives in Guatemala, Central America, with her husband, three boys and German Shepherd. She enjoys being the queen of her household and dreams of being pampered fully by her boys once they’re grown.
Learn more about her at www.melindadozier.com.
You can also find Melinda on twitter at www.twitter.com/melindadozier or Facebook at www.facebook.com/melindadoz
Crimson Website: http://www.crimsonromance.com/upcoming-releases-romance-ebook/breaking-the-rules/